Renta Corporación
CA ES EN

LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT 2020


Dear friends,

2019 was a very profitable year, in which we took part in 60 projects of various types within our sphere of activity. To be specific, we made donations worth € 269,747. Of these, 70% were developed in Barcelona and Madrid, with the remaining 30% being elsewhere in both Spain and abroad.

The Foundation is financed from 2% of net profit granted to us each year by the Renta Corporación real estate company. Furthermore, the Foundation owns 3.5% of the real estate company's shares and also receives the corresponding dividends.

Our donations average € 3,000 to € 5,000, although we also make some larger donations such as to the Fundación Princesa de Girona, which does a great job promoting education and youth employment, especially through its Rescatadores de Talento  (Rescuers of Talent) programme, which promotes the employability of young people throughout Spain, especially those who are the first in their family to receive higher education. We also collaborate closely with the Fundación Pasqual Maragall, which researches into and fights against Alzheimer's disease. Since 2019 we have also been part of its Patronage Council. We continue to support the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital, with the construction of a fully equipped medical room in Barcelona's new Cancer Centre, with a total cost of € 50,000, as well as our commitment to Ashoka, a benchmark global organisation for the promotion of social entrepreneurship. Towards the end of the year Ashoka held the highly successful ECMS (European Change Maker Summit) with the participation of social entrepreneurs from all over Europe.

We also allocated a large part of our resources to studying the viability of an ophthalmology clinic in one of the countries visited by Dr. Elena Barraquer in her cataract surgery expeditions. We are especially excited to commit to the causes with which the Renta Corporación team is directly or indirectly involved. They all make great proposals to us for wonderful projects for collaboration. For example, causes such as the one supported by the Africa Digna Foundation for the construction of greenhouses in Maralal (Kenya); Codespa, for collaborating in a protection programme for single mothers and their children in Morocco; Dream Nepal, for financing a large-scale child vaccination programme in Kathmandu; or scholarships for young people from Soñar Despierto in Barcelona and Madrid.

I wish to thank so many people again this year who contribute with their dedication to making the world a slightly better place, and above all, the Renta Corporación team, whose work makes it possible for the Foundation to continue contributing its own grain of sand.

With my very best wishes,

Cristina Orpinell Kristjánsdóttir

President of Fundación Renta Corporación